Jeanie Heck, CCS, CPC, CRC, ICD-10-CM Approved Instructor has over 30 years of experience as an expert physician and coder educator for CPT, ICD-10-CM and an accomplished Evaluation and Management auditor. She has been the lead senior auditor for the CMS HHS-RADV (Risk Adjustment Data Validation) audit for the past 7 years. She works with documentation improvement for coding integrity and HCC coding. Jeanie provides education regarding coding, auditing, and billing to physicians and their staff.
She is currently an adjunct faculty member at Camden County College and Santa Barbara City College teaching various coding courses. Her management positions include Director of Education, Coding and Billing Director, Practice Manager, and Business Manager. Ms. Heck’s most recent speaking engagements include topics such as Missed Opportunities in Coding and Billing, HCC Overview, and What you Need to Know about Risk Adjustment. She recently co-authored an article for the Revenue Cycle Strategist magazine entitled “Are you Ready for MACRA and MIPS? The New Healthcare Payment Reform”
Jeanie’s accomplishments include:
- Teaching medical coding for over 12 years
- Currently an adjunct faculty member in the Health Information Technology program and now the lead medical coding instructor at Camden County College
- Currently a coding instructor and a member of the Medical Coding Specialist committee for Santa Barbara City College
- Past and present teaching experience includes CPT, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, Medical Coding Practicum, Health Care Reimbursement, and Medical Terminology
- An active member of AHIMA and the AAPC. She is a past board member of the AHIMA Clinical Terminology and Classification Practice Council