This course is currently closed
Inpatient Coding Roundtable looks at Sepsis cases from Quarterly Audit Reviews and/or Onboarding Reviews where Sepsis was either the principal diagnosis or secondary diagnosis. The course addresses the reason for the change and/or the reason for a query recommendation.
- Identified Sepsis cases that were audited and reviewed the reason for change and/or reason for query recommendation
- Cases are from Quarterly Audit Reviews and/or Onboarding Reviews
- Sepsis was either Principal diagnosis or Secondary diagnosis
- Time Period – April 2021 to April 2022
- Sepsis vs. SIRS
- Sepsis documentation/validation – Query?
- Sequencing of sepsis codes with an infection
- Coding unspecified sepsis when a specified sepsis code should have been coded
- Coding an unspecified sepsis code when assigning T81.4 code category
Approved: 1 CEU Valid through 09/06/2023
Presented by Darina Kutish RHIA, CCS Manager, Medical Coding Integrity and Education
*This program has been approved for continuing education unit(s) (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting of Approved CEUs from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program provider.